Festival of FlightGear 2016 (Spring) -- Japan Coordination

Airports with problems of all kinds
J Maverick 16

Re: Festival of FlightGear 2016 (Spring) -- Japan Coordination

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:09 pm

I've sent two PMs on the X-Plane forum at that guy who made Misawa Ab, he read them but no answer.
So I've downloaded the RJSM scenery packa nd edited it on WED (found out how to make it work on Mac finally) to make it more simple and fps-friendly (removed roads, useless car parks, etc.).
Now I don't know what to do.
I'd like to have it FG but saying that I've edited the lot and the original author is from the X-Plane forum, probably using a different license than GPL (can someone help me about this?).
So, do you think I'm able to make it public on FG without problems?
And if yes, could someone make the TerraGear work for me so then I can place 3D objects?
Regards, mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:32 pm

SHM wrote:I'm too lazy to make the groundnet :P

Do you know if the airport has a groundnet in WED? (There's a script around which can convert it to a FlightGear ground network, I can run it).

J Maverick 16 wrote:I'd like to have it FG but saying that I've edited the lot and the original author is from the X-Plane forum, probably using a different license than GPL (can someone help me about this?).
So, do you think I'm able to make it public on FG without problems?

Do you have a link to the file on the X-Plane forum so that I can check?

Generally speaking, if no license is stated explicitly, it defaults to "all rights reserved" (everything - modification, redistribution... - is prohibited). That is, of course, incompatible with the GPL, which is the only license accepted for submissions to the FG scenery server.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:59 pm

elgaton wrote:Do you have a link to the file on the X-Plane forum so that I can check?

Sure, http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi ... isawa-afb/ .

elgaton wrote:Generally speaking, if no license is stated explicitly, it defaults to "all rights reserved" (everything - modification, redistribution... - is prohibited). That is, of course, incompatible with the GPL, which is the only license accepted for submissions to the FG scenery server.

Oh, well in that case we'll not have a Misawa AB scenery. Anyway, it wasn't intended to end in the FG scenery but rather in the "FGMEMBERS-SCENERY NON-GPL" section of FGMEMBERS in GitHub.

@elgaton: If you want to see my Misawa version get a look at that "USAF Bases" shared folder in GDrive.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:48 pm

elgaton wrote:
SHM wrote:I'm too lazy to make the groundnet :P

Do you know if the airport has a groundnet in WED? (There's a script around which can convert it to a FlightGear ground network, I can run it).

If I am not wrong, SHM made the WED file himself; from the "original" single layout, to the more realistic one. He stated that he does not want to make the groundnet. ;)

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/Festival-of-Flightgear-Japan-2016-AirportDat

But if someone has the time and knows how to add those groundnets, that'll be awesome :P
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:01 pm

RJAA out for beta testers.
LowEnd PC users get this : https://github.com/SH-M/RJAA-fg-CustomScenery (Give the other version a try too)

HighEnd PC users get this : https://github.com/SH-M/RJAA-fg-CustomS ... ighQuality
Important note : If you've tried the lowquality version, please remove the RJAA.jetways.xml from Airports/R/J/A folder since the highquality version comes with its own set of static jetways. The animated jetways will conflict with the static jetways so remove it. ;)

The airport will be regenerated by D-ECHO next week. Then the airport signs will also be there (I tried Dlaser's Taxisign2stg.py but just couldn't get it to work).

@elgaton You can work on the groundnet for RJAA and RJSS, since they've taxiroutes in their .dat files.

SHM
Last edited by SHM on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 am

SHM wrote:The airport will be regenerated by D-ECHO next week. Then the airport signs will also be there (I tried Dlaser's Airport2stg.py but just couldn't get it to work).

Starting with apt.dat version 850, signs must not be generated separately, but rather created in WED.

SHM wrote:@elgaton You can work on the groundnet for RJAA and RJSS, since they've taxiroutes in their .dat files.

Wilco.

SHM

Postby SHM » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:49 pm

elgaton wrote:Starting with apt.dat version 850, signs must not be generated separately, but rather created in WED.

I know that but still you can use taxisigns2stg.py (dlaser's script) or even add manually into the stg file in terrain folder from the apt.dat file, I did that for RJSS.

d-laser(github.com/mherweg/d-laser-fgtools) wrote:taxisigns2stg

reads X-plane/WED/Flightgear apt.dat lines with taxi-sign information (lines that begin with "20") and writes stg lines for Flightgear scenery to stdout

known limitation :
•elevation is the same for all signs

SYNOPSIS:
taxisigns2stg.py -f <input apt.dat file> -i <ICAO> -e <elevation in meters above MSL> >nnnnnn.stg

Nvm D-ECHO will regenerate it next week.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:16 am

An Issue has popped up when D-ECHO regenerated the scenery with regard to the elevation.
The buildings are staying on thin air now. And I really dont want to get into placing it again. UGH!!

I may stick with the 810 layout.

Or will have to go with the 850 layout, and close down one of the RWY (34R) and do single RWY operation for the festival.

What do you people think? I favour the second option now, since the 850 layout is so much better looking IMO.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:18 am

I can fix elevation of objects easy. What repo and I'll push a fix with the new layout for bldg elev.

The new layout looks awesome. Terrific!!!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:27 am

Some more screenshots. (This is the HQ version)

And the taxisigns are finally here
SHM
Last edited by SHM on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Airports”