What is wrong with this airline?

Talk about flying in real life
KL-666

What is wrong with this airline?

Postby KL-666 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:56 am

A Turkish Airlines crew attempted a CFIT at Sochi recently, and it is not even 2017 yet.

THY A319 at Sochi on Sep 28th 2016, ATC prevented controlled flight into terrain

I always had in the back of my mind that they (try to) damage a plane once a year. But in the last two years it is even more than 2 per year. I'll skip the hard landings with minor damage below:

THY B738 at Pristina on May 2nd 2016, runway excursion on landing

THY A343 at Antananarivo on Jan 9th 2016, touched down short of runway

THY A320 at Istanbul on Apr 25th 2015, hard landing, go-around, engine problem, gear problem, gear collapse, runway excursion

THY A333 at Kathmandu on Mar 4th 2015, runway excursion and nose gear collapse

These numbers per year are staggering. Not even a Russian cowboy airline can match that frequency.

Kind regards, Vincent

HJ1an

Re: What is wrong with this airline?

Postby HJ1an » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:04 am

Going back to one of my concerns... this increase of air traffic due to increase of flights and boom of too many airline industries than I can track (I recall there was a time when I am able to track just about all the airlines in the world - now I keep getting surprised by seeing airlines that I never knew existed) puts way too many airplanes in the sky; also creates a way too big demand for pilots, which creates accepting barely passing rates ...

Return to “Real life flying”