Questions on TerraGit

Building new buildings, airports, mowing lawn on runways ... all that kind of things to create the world
daweed

Questions on TerraGit

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello guys,

Very nice work on Japan.

1°) is LFLL inlcuded (or France, or what else part) in TerraGit ?

2°) Is the world available actually on TerraGit ( this question aimed to remove TS directory)

3°) what happen if i fly from tiles i have to an another, and there is some tiles not downloaded / avail between ..

4°) As dictatorial units have take down wiki page on FG wiki, do u plan to créate a FG FGMember Wiki
Should be good to have in one place all documentation regarding the TerraGit system.

Regards

SHM

Re: Questions on TerraGit

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:57 pm

1) LFLL is included.
2) Yes the whole world is there on TerraGit and updates on terrasync will be pulled into TerraGit.
3) You'll have to prepare early by downloading them. The upside is that the scenery will never fail like terrasync. I used to use terramaster before and turn off terrasync completely so it doesn't bother me at all. And I get much better scenery with TerraGit.
4) Haven't decided yet.

SHM
Last edited by SHM on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:11 pm

daweed wrote:Hello guys,

Very nice work on Japan.

Thanks. It is a cooperative work. TerraGIT invites cooperation. We even have some sort of specialization. SHM and Lego were layout creators. D-LASER did OSM stuff, and models. I did some models, and distribution methods (terraGIT)

Enjoy.
Looking forward to see you in the festival next weekend.!!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:15 pm

daweed wrote:Hello guys,

Very nice work on Japan.

1°) is LFLL inlcuded (or France, or what else part) in TerraGit ?

Off Course it is:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=377&start=60#p6638

FGMEMBERS-terraGIT: The world is up and turning

The meaning of this is that the whole world is available in terraGIT and Turning means -- we are updating it as we speak. We not only have Japan. We have a fully updated Kansas, we patched KHAF. The world keeps turning (ie improving)

The content of most of the world -- right now-- is identical to the content of terrasync. Except where we had already made changes (I call them improvement--think Japan/Kansas) I have added several groundnets, and jetways too!)

I invite anyone to join the dev group of this new World scenery, "strength of the pack!" -- cooperative work.
I still need to create clear howto participate and add new stuff. It is not that hard. but it has quirks.

So, yes. LFLL is included, and it looks like terrasync this month.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:17 pm

daweed wrote:2°) Is the world available actually on TerraGit ( this question aimed to remove TS directory)

Yes. it is.

you get it with

Code: Select all

git clone git@github.com:FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT/terraGIT.git
cd terraGIT
install/World

Then you sit and wait while terraGIT installs all the world. 250+ GB worth of downloading. Someone reported a flash download of 14 hours overnight (my jaw dropped). Normally expect 48 hr or so (someone else and my own report)

terraGIT updates with terrasync changes every 1 month for now. So buildings that are added there will eventually come here. But all changes we do specifically to terraGIT (terrain, models, config files, etc) will hardly find a way to terrasync. That's the way it is.
Ask FGMEMBERS / FGADDon.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm

daweed wrote:
3°) what happen if i fly from tiles i have to an another, and there is some tiles not downloaded / avail between ..

If you have terrasync running. Terrasync kicks in to get you scenery you don't have on terraGIT.
If you don't have terrasync running, the world is a zero AGL big ocean except where you have downloaded the proper tiles.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:22 pm

daweed wrote:
4°) As dictatorial units have take down wiki page on FG wiki, do u plan to créate a FG FGMember Wiki
Should be good to have in one place all documentation regarding the TerraGit system.

Regards

This is a very unfortunate fact. I am preparing a few howtos

Howto use FGMEMBERS with FGDATA with sumbodules
Howto use TerraGIT
Howto submit patches to terraGIT with all kind of new scenery

But I personally don't plan making my own Wiki.

I think this contents belong to the FlightGear Wiki, and I would hope the community claim to the core developers our Wiki space to share with the world these coolest new FLIGTHGEAR features

(They are good for nothing else but to enjoy FlightGear in its full decentralized awesomeness)

R.M.S.

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:24 pm

So LFLL has already been updated? Even the layout?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:26 pm

The content of LFLL is identical to terrasync. But it is there.

R.M.S.

daweed

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Concerning the LFLL scenery, new taxi way have been made on the layout to reflect the reel one. (V4, V6 & V8 speed exit and A6, B6, A8, B8, A9, B9 as new taxi way. If i understand, they are define in the BGT file

I am not sure terrasync version had them.

Does the version in TerraGit is the TerraSync one, or the scenery from my repo -
=> if it's the terrasync one, it should be nice to pick up & check the btg file to push to your repo to make new TW & Speed exit avail from evryone.

Return to “Scenery Development”