Funny question

Talking about the core development, vent steam ... censoring free but no guarantee, "they" will listen.
KL-666

Funny question

Postby KL-666 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:23 pm

I saw a question on the other forum: What is the best simulator? Well flightgear could have been in the top league, if they did not have the habit of pissing off each and every core developer. According to the sloppiness in releases my estimate is that there are no more than 3 core developers left.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Re: Funny question

Postby bomber » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Flightgears' failure to be in the top leagues isn't down to pissing off core developers but instead in it's failure to have any underpinning core principles , to adapt to changing technology or understand who it's customers are.

it's pretty basic business sense.... but as it's not considered a business no effort has gone into it.

As a flight sim, you can't ever be expected to be taken seriously if you split your development community in half with 2 distinctly different flight model types and the core developers openly say on the forum that accurate flight modelling isn't a priority.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Return to “Core Development”