Has anyone seen this before?

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
jwocky
Site Admin

Has anyone seen this before?

Postby jwocky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:15 pm

I started some cleanup on my 767 stuff and now on FG2016, I noticed in my terminal

Aircraft/767/Models/Liveries/Aero/767-Workshop
directory(): listing '/' denied (unauthorized directory - authorization no longer follows symlinks; to authorize reading additional directories, add them to --fg-aircraft)

Has anybody seen this before? It seems to be new with FG2016?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Re: Has anyone seen this before?

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:24 pm

yes. I've heard of that error message. Don't understand it quite well yet (and havent seen it myself, luckily, but , I believe has to do with symbolic links to or within nasal).
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:34 pm

It's part of the tightening up of security done by Rebecca Palmer. You'll find things like saving routes from route manager more difficult because Flightgear has been locked down against making changes outside its authorized directories, including via symbolic links on Linux/Mac OS. It's a good thing, but security can be irritating in daily use. A search on the mailing list archives might give some clues.

I don't know what it means about adding things to --fg-aircraft, I don't understand that.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Well well well, this is a messup then, not security because look at the path ...

Aircraft/767/Models/Liveries/Aero/767-Workshop

This is when I pull the FDM with <aero>Aero/767-Workshop</aero> from the set-file. So "security" in its infinite wisdom is now looking in Model/Liveries for the FDM files? As it looks, the whole thing is messed up because something believes, Aircraft/767/Models/Liveries is the default directory and it is somehow not under Aircraft/767 but somewhere in a link (which it isn't). Or we just see the newest version of the JPack-killer because that one is Aircraft/JPack? Also not a link though.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:21 pm

How does the nasal for the liveries look like?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:46 pm

I looked at the code (https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fl ... salSys.cxx, around line 579) and, based on how the message is put together, it's complaining about "/" not your 767 directory.

Also note the comment on line 584: "to avoid breaking dialogs, pretend it doesn't exist rather than erroring out". I think this could be coming from a standard Flightgear dialog.

Return to “Aircraft Development”