Update of the A320 Family

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
Berkut

Update of the A320 Family

Postby Berkut » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 am

I would like to ask something.

As all of you know,the A320 Family is completely neglected here in FG,except for a lot of liveries made for it. FDM,autopilot,systems..pretty much everything is still almost useless . On the other side,we have Neo which is fantastic...

So,the question is...can we please properly update and modernize the Airbus A320 Family? And also,to add the ''SL'' version.

My idea is to keep the 3D models,ok most of them cause the windows and cockpit should be fixed.
To change: FDM,AP,FMC.

I know that all of you have some other stuff to do ,but let's at least make a plan what and how to do. Can we use anything from the Neo?

Regards

N3266G

Re: Update of the A320 Family

Postby N3266G » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:26 am

sounds like a good idea, you have my support for what little it is worth seeing as how all i do is fly.
Image Image

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:06 pm

Where have all the developers going? I have 16 planes people are asking me to work on! If I have time I will take a look, looks like its biggest fault is the cockpit and autopilot.

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Cockpit could be transferred from the Neo. Maybe not the newest,or master by Artix,but some older,there's still an Omega's branch so the cockpit ,ap and FMC could be used from that one. FBW maybe?

Regards

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:40 pm

Yes that was my idea. I was gonna put the cockpit and autopilot from the neo, and maybe Fly By Wire.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Well, it seems as this will take a while. There are allot of changes in the neo, so transfer in the cockpit will be hard.

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 pm

I'm test flying the A320 right now,with some fixes in the AP...so far so good. It behaves nicely ,but there's still a lot to try so,stay tuned.

Regards :)

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:01 pm

I remember @Jan Wanted to work on this one too, I recommend you get in contact with him via Github (on the A320 family) repo. You may get him more interested on this if he sees he will have help. Besides he is very knowledgeable in FDMs and systems, and you can learn great deal of him.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:50 pm

So,test flight is done... and i'm quite satisfied. Some small changes to the AP,made this plane much better. Climb ,cruise,and descend were nice,and much more stable then before. The only issue now,is that on lower ALT,and lower IAS,it tends to sink until it stabilizes on a wanted ALT or V/S ,so I had to ''help'' him a few times. Approach was with ILS and GS on,both are working nicely.

I will be free and push the current changes to it. If anyone wants to test it,feel free to do so,and suggest changes.

Regards

How to contact Jan on GitHub?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:13 pm

first. Push the changes to the repo :D, Sounds great :P

Second, on your commit add a comment, and tag him, like

Code: Select all

@jan-hudec

I am interested in developing this A320-family. I began with doing some AP changes seen here. I am just learning but I would be happy if you would like to collaborate.
@IAHM-COL told me you are also interested in this aircraft...

(continue whatever you want to tell him here... etc)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Aircraft Development”