Bell UH-1

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
bomber

Bell UH-1

Postby bomber » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 pm

With doing the ASK-13 lift/normal flight model and working from home it all became a bit of a drudge..... put one lap top down and pick up another one.... So I've taken a few months off to re-charge.

Ya might have noticed I'd been a bit quiet...

Anyway I thought what I'd do on my return is rather than jump straight back into the ASK-13, I'd do the iconic 'Huey' with a jsbsim flight model.

regards

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Re: Bell UH-1

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:12 pm

oh ! nice a Huey JSBsim is a very welcome addition
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:12 pm

i'm glad you got days off, too.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:10 am

And I've just discovered who thinks he owns it...

So it's a win win...

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:21 pm

She's weight and balanced and sat on the runway... with non of that slow spinning around malarky

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Br1Pzq ... sp=sharing

Just the engine, props and moments to do now.....

Simon

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:09 am

I thought the Scorpion gunships control system would be harder than a single rotor helicopter, what with having 4 rotors and 2 turbines.... But I was SOOOOOO wrong.

There is so much going on with so much interaction.... and procession ! who knew that JSBsim has working procession built in to it's propeller code ?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm

LOL
Seems the Huey is Hueying you?

What is that working procession exactly?

R.M.S.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:09 pm

Well imagine a spinning rotor on a stationary helicopter...

When it comes to prop moments there's just the 1, that of torque expressed as n_moment-lbsft..

But if the helicopter rotates having a p-rads-sec... The propeller suddenly gets a m_moment-lbsft value... Equally true if the helicopter rotates having a q-rads-sec generating a l_moment-lbsft.

The result of this is that if the helicopter rolls the nose raises and falls and if the helicopter pitches the helicopter rolls to the right or left

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:20 pm

It's like riding a bull at the moment.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:00 am

bomber wrote:It's like riding a bull at the moment.

done that. being there.

R.M.S.

Return to “Aircraft Development”