Postby V12 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:23 pm

I added basic MP functionality for this famous aircraft :
- landing and taxi lights
- navigation lights and strobes
- animated engine nozzles with reversers
- animated engine flame and afterburner effect
- contrails and afterburner smoke
- brake smoke and fire, if You unlucky, fire too :twisted:

As second, I fixed long known gear bug with new custom flight recorder definitions, ofcourse, eye candy has been added.

Concorde should be compatible with old version of FG too, not only with 2017.2.1+
download link - https://github.com/BAWV12/Concorde

ToDo :
Animated nose steering in MP
ImageImage

V12

Re: Concorde MP ready

Postby V12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 pm

After many my flights under ATC control i found bad reliability of the heading and radial 2D selectors controled by mouse clicks. But I was able to replace heading / track and vor 2D selectors with 3D knobs with much better control via mouse wheel like another aircrafts (B747, 777 etc.) Knobs are not perfect, but better than default 2D :

ImageImage

V12

Postby V12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 am

NAV1 and NAV2 frequency selectors replaced with 3D knobs operated by mouse wheel too. But I must make some animation for that pieces of the hardware.
ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 am

Cool
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm

All AP's key selector knobs :
- NAV1 and NAV2 frequency
- speed
- altitude
- heading / tracking and VOR radial
has been converted to 3D and upgraded for mouse wheel control like other aircrafts. Fly under ATC command is now far better than before with mouse clicking on that instruments.

Download from https://github.com/BAWV12/Concorde/archive/master.zip
ImageImage

V12

Postby V12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:28 am

I'm thinking about full 3D conversion of the cockpit. I have downloaded early godarklight's version with 3D instruments, but TCAS is missing. I tried convert this instrument into 3D, but without success. Original 2D TCAS instrument has reference on strange texture stored at Aircraft/Instrument/Texture folder, texture name od_wxradar.rgb. In the aircraft's directory that texture does'nt exist, I found it in FGHome dir. But when I open this texture, there is only white label "DISABLED". And this label I see, when I attach this texture to the 3D model. How can I solve this strange behaviour ?
ImageImage

V12

Postby V12 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:05 pm

3D TCAS solved. Base of the solution is canvas and heavily reduced NAV display. All based on genial work of IDG team. Now, there are not any obstacles to make 3D cockpit for this aircraft.
ImageImage

V12

3D cockpit

Postby V12 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:22 pm

"Small" progress :
Full 3D cockpit. Autopilot panel needs texturing and lighting, but it will be piece of cake. Ignore please NAV display, it is only for test purpose.

Now, snow and rain is functional :
ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Also, keep in mind that yesterday I had to unistall this craft. My FG came to a grinding halt anytime it came too close to your concorde version. This did not happen before.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:20 am

Yes, I know, I'm working on it. I added custom canvas from old artix's version of A3xx and probably, somewhere is big problem. I will try use standard FG build in canvas, or disable it completly and aircraft will be without TCAS.
I temporarily disabled all canvas code on my git repository. If You want fly Concorde, redownload it please. But TCAS is only dummy.
ImageImage

Return to “Aircraft Development”