New plane report

Martien van der P.

Re: New plane report

Postby Martien van der P. » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:11 am

Yeah, sure I want to help you. I started the project and I never will abandon a project :). I'm still working at the cabin for the freight L-188 (many other projects (also in RL) so not much time).

Berkut

Postby Berkut » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Thank you all for bringing this aircraft into FG.

One of my favorites. :D

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:17 pm

@MV-DP-- Hello. I was in southern California (east of Los Angeles) for meetings last week, but am back home now (I live in western Oregon, about 700 miles (1126km or 608 nm) north of LA's KONT).

I'm ready to start work on the Electra's engine conversion any time you are. I'm going to start a new thread in the aircraft development forum. See you there when you are ready to begin.
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi Skyboat,

I see you live north-west. Saw a documentary lately about environmentalists being quite extreme up there. They burnt down offices of logging company's i believe. Do not get me wrong, i am a very liberal bastard as they may say in America. But some actions may be just a bit over the top.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what they show us about the north-west in Europe.

Kind regards, Vincent

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:28 am

@KL-666-- You're right, out here in the Northwest, we have had so-called "eco-terrorists" burning down lumber company buildings, but also Forest Service offices, and right in Eugene where I live, about 10 years ago, a bunch of brand new big SUV trucks fire-bombed parked on the dealer's lot.

But after that, things around here have settled down. I can't remember a major event for at least a decade. That doesn't mean there haven't been some events in other parts of the country I am just not aware of. However, new things are developing…

The most recent type of protest we have been dealing with here in Oregon is a group of ranchers, most, but not all, of them Mormons (or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or LDS, as they prefer to be called) who occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters and its environs out in the middle of the central Oregon desert. It is about 30 miles/48km/26nm out of Burns, Oregon a small town of about 2700 people. There are only just over 7000 people living in Harney county, but well over 100,000 head of cattle running over the rangeland. Harney county is 10,226 square miles or 26,490 square kilometers. That makes it larger than the states of Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Connecticut. Delaware, and Rhode Island, in that order. Comparing it to Europe, it is larger than the The Republic of Macedonia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Cyprus, Luxembourg, plus the six countries less than 1000 square km in that order.

For further discussion of this topic, I am going to move to the Forum category: 42: The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Please go there to comment. I will duplicate this post. I will not respond to replies in this thread.

Thanks for your courtesy,
SkyBoat

Donald Douglas

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:24 pm

@SkyBoat, Yes it's ok to start a thread on this forum, I've a week off next week so a I've some time to work on the L-188. Sorry for my late reply cause I don't check the forums a lot.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:15 am

@MV-DP. I'm glad to hear from you. It would be fun to make some more progress on the L-188. I will have time next week to work on it, too. I've been flying the Electra a lot. I'd like to work on getting the engines designed and installed. What do you have in mind? What was next on your todo list? We can always work together on more than one improvement project at a time. A couple of things I've noticed is the doors should open, but it looks like on the Braniff livery, which was done by IAHM-COL, just forgot to account for that. Another is that the real L-188 had an expanding main passenger door that telescoped open into a stairway. According to the Lockheed YouTube videos I watched that were promo films from the 1950s, the aircraft was deliberately designed for all the passenger entry/exit traffic to take place on the left side and all the flight servicing and luggage handling on the right side of the plane, so they could do a complete pax/bags/food/fuel turnaround in under 30 minutes.

Anyway, let me know what interests you most and we'll work on that since you are the one with the week off.

Skyboat
SkyBoat

Donald Douglas

Martien van der P.

Postby Martien van der P. » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:33 am

@SkyBoat, What I wanted to do next week is finishing the cargo cabin and also fixing the door animations and modelling the telescoped stairway you mentioned (I watched also thoso promo vids from Lockheed). And we could work together on it since I've also made a GitHub account (I'm still a noob in working with GitHub at the moment).

(Btw: Maybe could better talk about we are doing over PM (I'll recieve it in my mail/phone and then I'll be reacting faster on your messages ;)))

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:00 am

Martien van der P. wrote:@SkyBoat, What I wanted to do next week is finishing the cargo cabin and also fixing the door animations and modelling the telescoped stairway you mentioned (I watched also thoso promo vids from Lockheed). And we could work together on it since I've also made a GitHub account (I'm still a noob in working with GitHub at the moment).

(Btw: Maybe could better talk about we are doing over PM (I'll recieve it in my mail/phone and then I'll be reacting faster on your messages ;)))

If you come into my channel in Mumble, I can explain you well the git!

Return to “FGMEMBERS”